Appointment and Responsibilities
The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and serves as liaison between the Council and the community.
All public records pertaining to official actions of the City Council and Redevelopment Agency are available in the City Clerk’s Office.
The City Clerk receives and files all petitions, appeals, lawsuits and claims against the City, serves as custodian of City seal, and administers oaths-of-office to elected and public officials.
As the central source of public records, the City Clerk:
- Attends and records City Council and Redevelopment Agency meetings
- Prepares City Council agendas
Maintains City Council minutes, resolution and ordinance books, and the Municipal Code
- Publishes and posts public notices
- Serves as filing officer for local financial disclosure statements, which include
- Statements of Economic Interest for members of the City Council, designated employees, and certain advisory body members
- Campaign disclosure statements for all candidates and campaign committees
- Conducts all regular and special elections, including processing and certifying citizen-generated petitions
- Coordinates all appointments by the City Council to City advisory bodies