Submit Crime Report Online
"Welcome to the Marina Police Department Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency, please call 911. Using this online police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Do NOT use this format for in-progress crimes that are occ Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- Did this incident occurred within the Marina Police Department City limits? (Note: Areas of the CSUMB Campus have Marina addresses, but are within the University Police jurisdiction. Please contact the CSUMB PD if your crime occurred on the University/Housing area property.)
- Are there any known suspects? (See FAQ)
- Are there any known suspect leads? (I.E. Witnesses, Video Surveillance, Etc.)
In order to file an online report, the incident type must be one of the following:
- Barking Dog
- Check Fraud
- Crime Tip (Not In-Progress)
- Child Custody Order Violation
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Identity Theft
- Lost Property
- Non-Injury Traffic Collision/Insurance Only Report
- Private Property Vehicle Accident
- Vehicle Burglary
- Theft From Vehicles (Unlocked)
- Theft (All Others)
- Documentation Report (Non-Criminal Incidents)
If you answered "yes" to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered "no" to any of the questions, please look at our Online Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process, the following should occur:
- You should see the words, "Your online police report has been submitted", showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page to determine the most appropriate category type for your police report. If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Marina Police Department (emergency 9-1-1 or non-emergency 831-384-7575) to file your report.
You may also file a police report via a smart phone by calling 866-983-4096.
Please click on the appropriate link below to begin your online reporting session in English or Spanish .