- Development Resources
- Code Enforcement
Marina Odors Community Outreach Meeting
On January 27, 2021, the City of Marina hosted a virtual Community Outreach Meeting regarding Odors in the City. You can view a recording of the meeting using the following link:
Representatives from the following Groups and Public Agencies provided presentations and answered questions from the public:
- Monterey Bay Air Resources District
- Monterey County Health Department
- CalRecycle (State Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery)
- Monterey One Water (previously the Monterey Regional Water Pollution Control Agency)
- Monterey Regional Waste Management District
- County of Monterey Agricultural Commissioner's Office
- Monterey County Farm Bureau
- UC Davis
The presentations can be downloaded by clicking here.
If you would like to report a strange odor, please visit: https://www.mbard.org/submit-a-complaint
Administrative Fines for Municipal Code Violations
The amounts of fines for code violations imposed shall be set forth in the schedule of fines. They are as follows:
- $100 per violation per day, first violation
- $200 per violation per day, second violation within one year of the first violation
- $500 per violation per day, each additional violation within one year of the first violation
This fine must be paid directly to the City of Marina Building Department, even if a hearing is requested.
Payment of the fine shall not excuse or discharge the failure to correct the violation(s) nor shall it bar further enforcement action by the City.
In order to request a hearing, please submit a written request with the payment of the fine within 15 working days from the issue of the citation. Any fine which has been paid will be refunded if it is determined that the person charged is not responsible for the violation(s).
Code enforcement contact and to submit Complaint Service Form: email@example.com