If you have lost income due to the impact of COVID-19 on our community, you may be eligible for rent and utility assistance.
In collaboration with the County of Monterey, United Way Monterey County is providing financial assistance to eligible tenants who are experiencing unemployment and loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program will prioritize funding for low-income tenants, as well as those who are at immediate risk of homelessness, or have rental arrears up to 12 months.
What can the assistance be used for?
- Past due rent owed or past due utility bills going back to April 1, 2020.
- Up to 3 months of future rent and utility payments.
What are the program limitations?
- Rental assistance will be paid directly to the landlord. If the tenant is eligible, the partnering agency will contact the landlord for next steps.
- Past due rent plus utilities assistance may not exceed 12 months of assistance per tenant.
- Eligible renters can also receive help paying future rent for up to 3 months.
- Rent arrears must be paid before future payments.
Landlords must provide the following:
- W9 and contact information for rent payment
To learn more and to apply, visit: unitedwaymcca.org/county-rent-and-utility