Encroachment Permits

Permit ExhibitAn Encroachment Permit is required when anybody (including but not limited to residents, contractors and Utility Companies) does any work within the City Right-of-way and/or City-owned land. Here are some examples where an Encroachment permit is needed:

  • Installing, repairing, or modifying a sidewalk, curb, or gutter.
  • Installing, repairing, or modifying a driveway approach.
  • Any type of Excavation in the City Right-Of-Way. 
  • Parking any type of temporary containers in the City Right-Of-Way. 
  • If you are wondering whether or not your project requires an Encroachment permit, feel free to contact the Public Works Department at (831) 884-1212 or at publicworksengineeringdept@cityofmarina.org

In order to obtain an Encroachment permit, the applicant must have the following: 

  • A completed encroachment permit application form. 
  • Proof of liability insurance naming the City of Marina as additionally Insured (where applicable).
  • An active City of Marina Business license
  • Traffic and Pedestrian control plans as needed. Reference material can be obtained from Caltrans.

Encroachment Permits can be requested and paid for online here or at the Public Works Department at 209 Cypress Avenue, Marina CA 93933