An Encroachment Permit is required when anybody (including but not limited to residents, contractors and Utility Companies) does any work within the City Right-of-way and/or City-owned land. Here are some examples where an Encroachment permit is needed:
- Installing, repairing, or modifying a sidewalk, curb, or gutter.
- Installing, repairing, or modifying a driveway approach.
- Any type of Excavation in the City Right-Of-Way.
- Parking any type of temporary containers in the City Right-Of-Way.
- If you are wondering whether or not your project requires an Encroachment permit, feel free to contact the Public Works Department at (831) 884-1212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
In order to obtain an Encroachment permit, the applicant must have the following:
Encroachment Permits can be requested and paid for online here or at the Public Works Department at 209 Cypress Avenue, Marina CA 93933